Dynamic hyperlinks is a feature that allows plugin users to add hyperlinks to tables and views. A dynamic hyperlink is generated on the fly. Column variables can be added to a hyperlink and are substituted on generation.
To add a dynamic hyperlink to a table or view:
- Start the Data Explorer
- Click on the Manage link of the table or view to which you want to add the hyperlink
- Click on Dynamic Hyperlinks
- Add your hyperlink(s)
- Save your hyperlink(s)
See example below (click to enlarge)
- The plugin allows to add multiple hyperlinks to a table
- The links are added to the end of the table or view in the Data Explorer
- The links are added to the end of the table or view in a Data Project (this will be changed later)
- The Data Publisher allows you to put hyperlinks on any position
Column label in a list or on a form.
Enable if hyperlink should be shown in lists.
Enable if hyperlink should be shown in forms.
Enable if hyperlink should be opened in a new tab or window.
Add a URL(like https://your-domain/) or add your own HTML including one or more hyperlinks. If you just add a URL, the plugin will use the Hyperlink Label and +Windows? settings. Otherwise the plugin uses your HTML code.
Add your own HTML if you want to:
- add multiple hyperlinks in one column
- use icons in your hyperlinks instead of the label text
- your own HTML to this column
Column Value Substitution
To use column values in a hyperlink simply add the column name between $$ to your URL or HTML. In the example below the variable $$id$$ is substituted with the value for column id. Column id must be a column of the table for which the hyperlink is created.
Data Publisher Example
To add a hyperlink to a publication:
- Edit the publication
- Click on button “Select”
- Add your columns and hyperlinks to the list on the right side
- Save your publication
The example below (click to enlarge) uses HTML to show multiple hyperlinks in one column as icons.