WP Data Access supports connections to Microsoft SQL Server over ODBC and JDBC. Please follow the link below to learn how to setup a connection to SQL Server over ODBC or JDBC first.
> ODBC | JDBC setup and installation (read this first)
A remote MariaDB connection was used for this tutorial to connect to Microsoft SQL Server. The WordPress server used for this tutorial run on MySQL.
Step by step
- Check prerequisites
- Check architecture
- Install CONNECT storage engine (if not installed)
- Install ODBC or JDBC drivers
- Prepare SQL Server connection (must use SQL Server Authentication)
- Check SQL Server table structure (all data type supported? primary key needed?)
- Use SQL Server in Data Publisher
- Use SQL Server in Data Projects (supports data management on back-end and front-end)