This feature is great for WordPress users who prefer to manage their tables with a spreadsheet program and publish them as professional responsive tables supporting several filter methods, sorting, styling and export formats. WP Data Access loads your CSV file into a database table and updates the table at configurable intervals, while you continue to maintain your table with your favourite spreadsheet program.
To use the remote connection wizard, you first have to enable our premium data service on your WordPress server. Please follow these instruction…
Make sure your CSV file is available from a public URL before you start the remote connection wizard. Test your public URL. Your URL should return the CSV file content only.
- Start the Data Explorer
- Click the Connect icon to open the remote connection wizard
- Select CSV file from the Connection type drop down list
- Enter the public URL (see preparation) of your data file in field File path
- Define an Update interval or leave blank if automatic updates are not required
- If your CSV file contains a header row these values will be used as column name, otherwise columns will be named: COL001, COL002, and so on
- You can change the default field delimiter if necessary
- Enter a Table name
- Click the Create button
- Use the Data Publisher to create a publication
- Arrange your publication elements, enable interactive filtering and add export buttons
- Of course you can use this table in all other plugin tools as well
WP Data Access
Not a premium user yet?
This is what you are missing... Upgrade to premium to
unlock the posibilities of your WordPress dashboard now!