- Features that rely on ajax support are not available with the Blue Host plugin enabled. The Blue Host plugin generally blocks all ajax requests. Disabling the Blue Host plugin solves the issue.
- If you add list tables or data entry forms to your web pages, you might get a 404 error for column names that interfere with reserved terms, your theme or other plugin parameters. Solution: rename your column. For example: rename column ‘name’ to ‘person_name’.
- To support data entry and table bulk actions a table must have a primary key or a unique index.
- Media items are not supported in data entry forms on web pages.
- On activation the plugin creates a repository. If the plugin is networked activated on a multisite installation a repository is created for every blog. For blogs added later, the repository must be created manually (Plugin Settings > Repository).
- WP Data Access uses plugin tables which are prefixed with $wpdb->prefix. If you change the WordPress database tables prefix after installing WP DAta Access, you’ll need to change the prefix of the WP Data Access table equally.
- There is a limit on the file size for imports. The maximum file size depends on your installation. Read more…
- Please make sure your WordPress date format is defined as “Y-m-d” if you want to make your date columns searchable in the Search Builder. Other date formats are currently not supported.
Is it possible when entering multiple child-records to clear the entry form after entering each child? Instead of leaving the screen, returning to the list and push the add new button again.
Not sure if I understand your question correctly. The intended flow is as follows:
– Click button Add New to insert a new child record
– Enter child record
– Click button Back To List
You need to repeat these steps if you want to add multiple child records.
The reset button is to reset the form. Suppose you entered or changed some data and want to return to the old values, you click the reset button.
If I understand your question correctly, you like the Add New button to be visible all the time? Is that right?
Yes, to see the add new button all the time would be a good solution.
I thought that by pressing the reset button after saving my new child record, I could enter the next new child record. Clearing the values = returning to the old situation and because it is add new, it would be logical to be able to enter a new cild record.
The buttons “Add New” and “Add Existing” for child rows are always visible in the next version (2.7.0) which I hope to publish this week. I see now how this has a positive effect on data entry. 😉 Thank you for your feature request!
I want to show, Only search data from search box by exact match.
Can is it possible.
Kindly help me.
Sorry, but the plugin uses wildcards in queries. I added your request to my to do list. See if I can add a feature for exact searching. I let you know if when is available.
Can you confirm if I purchase Data Access on premium monthly for a number of months to improve our website, then cancel premium and go back to free version, would I loose any access to the tables or php code work I carry out in WordPress.
In particular, I will build new tables, link to existing via query and display linked output on pages for visitors, what if anything would I loose by reverting back to free version of Data Access?
It is the case that I am not absolutely sure this plugin will do everything I will need it to, but have to use Premium to confirm.
Also can I use Premium single site in my sandboxed localhost as well as in Live, if all goes to plan with the same single site premium license?
Many Thanks, and so far I have to say, this looks to be the best plugin I have come across for a lot of my requirements.
You will not lose any data when you switch from premium to free. The only difference is that some features will no longer be available in the free version. The premium version is free on localhost. You just a need a premium license for your public server.
Hope this helps,
Thank you for the response.
I have just purchased the Premium on a monthly basis for now, but activated it on the localhost first.
Will there be any issues if I then use the same activation code on the public site?
Thank you for the great application. Saves me a lot of time and effort with my work.
Thank you for upgrading to premium!
You can use an activation code on one system only. You can transfer your activation code anythime from here:
The premium version is free on your localhost! Just activate it and use your premium activation code on your public server.
Hope this helps,
I have the premium plugin and am using the wpdadiehard shortcode in my pages.
On the page/frontend I need users to be able to sort an ASC/DESC column with a lookup relationship but this sorting feature is disabled by default, how can I enable this on my page?
Sorting on child table columns should be available per default, but does not work with lookup columns. Is this your case?
Yes, that is correct. I need to create a lookup relationship in some of my columns, but when I do that the sorting (that one that happens when you click in the with the name of the column) become inactive, the link to click is removed.
Is there a way to keep the functionality using the lookup relationship in the column?
Sorting on lookup columns is currently not supported and there is actually no workaround. Sorry! But we added your request to our to do list. We need a little time to implement this. Hope to add it first quarter next year. Thanks for your contribution!