Your Microsoft Access database files are cached on our server. It is not possible to remote connect. Although you can make your MS Access table editable, you will not be able to write changes back to your remote database file.
Each remote table needs its own remote configuration in WP Data Access. To prevent multiple uploads of the same MS Access database file, the plugin automatically detects multiple tables using the same database file. This reduces the number of downloads for updates and ensures that tables are in sync with each other.
To use the remote connection wizard, you first have to enable our premium data service on your WordPress server.
Make sure your Microsoft Access ACCDB or MDB file is available from a public URL before you start the remote connection wizard. Test your public URL. Your URL should return the ACCDB or MDB file content only. (read more…)
- Start the Data Explorer
- Click the Connect icon to open the remote connection wizard
- Select Microsoft Access ACCDB file or Microsoft Access MDB file from the Connection type drop-down list
- Fill out the Remote database and Remote file sections
- Lease username and password blank if your database file does not require them
- Enter the public URL (see preparation) of your data file in the field File path
- Define an Update interval or leave it blank if automatic updates are not required
- Enter a Table name
- Click the Create button
- MS Access tables can be used just like WordPress tables. They are supported by all plugin tools.
- A primary key is required for data management and needs to be defined explicitly in WP Data Access.
- Read the limitations section before you start updating MS Access tables.