Please note that there are two different types of Data Explorer pages:
- The Data Explorer main page to manage your WordPress database
- The Data Explorer tables pages to manage your table data
This section explains how to work with the Data Explorer main page to perform database administration tasks.
Data Explorer Main Page
The following features are available from the Data Explorer main page:
- Explore tables and views
See Data Administration.
- View tables and view structures
Use the Manage link.
- Export table(s)
Use the Manage link to export an individual table. Select the Actions tab and click on the Export button. Individual tables can be exported to SQL, XML, JSON, Excel and CSV.
To export multiple tables select the tables to be exported, select Export Table(s) from the bulk actions menu and click on the Apply button. Selections of multiple tables can be exported to SQL only.
- Import table(s)
Click on the Import button at the top of the screen and follow the instructions.
- Rename tables and views
Use the Manage link to rename a table or view click. Select the Actions tab and rename the table of view.
- Copy tables
Use the Manage link to copy a table. Select the Actions tab and copy the table either with or without data.
- Truncate table
To truncate a table click on the icon, select the Actions tab and truncate the table.
- Drop table or view
To drop a table or view click on the icon, select the Actions tab and drop the table of view.
- Optimize table
To optimize a table click on the icon, select the Actions tab and optimize the table.
- Alter tables
Use the Manage link to alter a table click. Select the Actions tab and alter the table. This action will load the table structure into the Data Designer.
- View table indexes
Use the Manage link to view indexes. Select the Indexes tab.
- View or copy SQL create table and view statements
Use the Manage link to view or copy table and view definitions. Select the SQL tab.
- Mark tables and views as favourites for quick access
Click on the star icon for the table you want to add to your favourites. Click again to remove. Choose from the listbox on the top of the screen if you want to see all tables, favourites only or only non favourites.
- WordPress tables are protected by default. For obvious reasons it’s not possible to drop, truncate or rename WordPress tables. Individual records of WordPress tables can be updated and deleted (see next section). Access to individual tables and views can be limited under plugin settings as well.
- For obvious reasons not all actions on the Actions tab are available for views (cannot truncate a view for example).