- All table rows
- All matching table rows
The pagination features were optimized in version 4.2 and does no longer count all table rows on each request:
- For MyISAM tables the table row count this value is taken from the MySQL data dictionary
- For InnoDB tables the table row count is taken from the MySQL data dictionary if:
- The estimated table row count exceeds the Max InnoDB row count
- This is defined for a specific table
- Change the Max InnoDB row count (> Settings > WP Data Access > Back-end > Max InnoDB row count)
- Change the behavior of specific tables (see image below Row count (InnoDB only) – click to enlarge)
SHOW MORE button
The SHOW MORE button is a new feature added to Data Tables. Pagination can now be disabled per publication without the need to show the whole table at once. The SHOW MORE button eliminates both count actions, the table row count and the matching row count.
Thank you Charles for being my sparring partner!