Data Forms is a premium feature. It allows plugin users to add Data Projects or Data Projects pages to a webpage. Tables and data entry forms are fully responsive.
Data Forms uses your Data Projects settings to generate an application or application page, with:
- jQuery DataTables to generate tables
- AngularJS to generate data entry forms
- jQuery UI to style your application
Data Forms does not have the limitations of shortcode wpdadiehard and can be used with any WordPress theme.
Data Forms can be used in two ways:
- Add a complete Data Project to a webpage (demo)
- Add a specific Data Projects page to a webpage (demo)
Access to Data Forms needs to be enabled:
- Start you WordPress dashboard
- Go to Settings
- On tab Plugin: enable Shortcode [ wpdadataforms ] for posts and/or pages
- On tab Data Forms: enable Allow anonymous access if applicable
Add a complete Data Project to a webpage
Use shortcode wpdadataproject (read more…)
Add a specific Data Projects page to a webpage
Use shortcode wpdadataforms (read more…)
Styling Data Forms is very simpe with jQuery UI. Just select your UI theme in plugin settings:
Settings > WP Data Access > Data Forms > select Default jQuery UI theme
More specific and individual styling will be added later.
Data Forms does not support WordPress media library management. Media stored in the WordPress media Library is available in view mode only.
Inline editing and data import are not yet implemented.
The flexibility to change options and add code found in the Data Publisher, will be added to Data Projects as well. These features however, will not be available in Data Projects dashboard applications and shortcode wpdadiehard. It will be added to Data Forms only.
AngularJS is used to generate data entry forms. Features to extend WP Data Access AngularJS objects for customization will be added later.